Dabur India Performance
Fundamentals of Dabur India
|P/E Ratio (TTM)||55.21|
|Debt to Equity||0.16|
Financials of Dabur India
|Dec 2022||Mar 2023||Jun 2023||Sep 2023|
|Profit before tax||620.16||396.25||593.36||651.31|
|EPS in Rs||2.69||1.7||2.62||2.91|
About Dabur India
History of Dabur India
Dabur India Limited, a 138-year-old Ayurvedic company founded by Dr S. K. Burman in 1884, has evolved from its humble beginnings as an Ayurvedic medicine manufacturer in Calcutta to become one of India’s largest and most prominent fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) companies.
Dabur’s history began with a small but visionary endeavour by Dr. S. K. Burman, a physician tucked away in Bengal. Dr. Burman was a qualified practitioner of Ayurvedic medicine, and he was passionate about developing safe and effective natural remedies for common diseases.
Soon, Dr. Burman established a manufacturing plant for mass production in 1896. The company continued to diversify its product portfolio, entering the realm of nature-based Ayurvedic medicines in the early 1900s.
By 1920, Dabur had expanded with new manufacturing units and extended its distribution network. In 1972, Dabur shifted its operations to Delhi and established a manufacturing plant.
In 1994, Dabur India Ltd. successfully launched its IPO, and the strong market confidence in the company is evident as the shares, issued at a significant premium, have been oversubscribed by a remarkable 21-fold.
The late 1990s and early 2000s witnessed transformative developments as Dabur adopted a more professional management approach, and its turnover crossed the ₹1,000 crore mark in 2000.
The company further expanded through acquisitions, such as Balsara’s Hygiene and Home products in 2005, and adopted international accounting standards. With the acquisition of Fem Care Pharma in 2008, Dabur entered the high-growth skincare market.
In September 2010, Dabur continued its global expansion by acquiring Hobi Kozmetik Group in Turkey and Namaste Laboratories in the US. In 2022, Dabur achieved a significant financial milestone when its revenue crossed ₹10,000 crore.
Dabur is one of the largest FMCG companies in India, with a wide range of products across the healthcare, personal care, home care, and food and beverage categories. Dabur’s products are sold in over 120 countries around the world.
Dabur India Limited is a multinational consumer goods company with a diverse business portfolio spanning several key segments:
- Healthcare: Dabur is a prominent producer and promoter of Ayurvedic remedies and healthcare products primarily in the Indian market. Its healthcare product line features items like Chyawanprash, Amla, Honitus, and PudinHara.
- Personal Care: Dabur offers an extensive array of personal care products, encompassing toothpaste, hair oil, shampoo, and skincare items. Some of their well-known personal care brands include Dabur Red Paste, Dabur Almond Hair Oil, Dabur Vatika, and Dabur Gulabari.
- Home Care: Dabur manufactures a variety of home care products, which include air fresheners, insect repellents, and dishwashing liquids. Their notable home care brands comprise Odonil, Odomos, and Real.
- Food and Beverage: Dabur is involved in the production and marketing of a wide range of food and beverage products, including juices, snacks, and confectionery. Their noteworthy food and beverage brands include Real, Hajmola, and Vatika.
Subsidiaries of Dabur Limited
- Badshah Masala Private Limited: Badshah Masala Private Limited is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Dabur Limited. It is one of the leading manufacturers of spices and masala blends in India. Badshah Masala offers a wide range of products, including garam masala, turmeric powder, chilli powder, and coriander powder. The company’s products are sold through a network of over 100,000 distributors and retailers across India.
- H&B Stores Limited: H&B Stores Limited is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Dabur Limited. It is a leading retailer of health and beauty products in India. H&B Stores operates a chain of over 100 stores in major cities across India. The company’s stores offer a wide range of products, including cosmetics, personal care products, and over-the-counter medications.
- Jaquline Inc.: Jaquline Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Dabur Limited. It is a leading manufacturer of baby care products in India. Jaquline Inc. offers a wide range of baby care products, including baby oil, baby powder, and baby soap. The company’s products are sold through a network of over 100,000 distributors and retailers across India.
- Fem Care Pharma Limited: Fem Care Pharma Limited is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Dabur Limited. It is a leading manufacturer of feminine hygiene products in India. Fem Care Pharma Limited offers a wide range of feminine hygiene products, including sanitary napkins, panty liners, and tampons. The company’s products are sold through a network of over 100,000 distributors and retailers across India.
- Mohit Burman, Chairman
Mohit Burman serves as the Chairman of Dabur India Ltd. Dabur is recognised as the world’s largest Ayurvedic and Natural healthcare company, with its operations spanning more than 120 countries. It boasts a substantial workforce of over 7,000 employees and generates substantial revenues exceeding Rs 10,800 Crore.
Being a fifth-generation member of the Burman family, who are the key promoters of Dabur India Ltd, Mohit Burman has been a pivotal force driving the family’s ventures into various emerging industries. His leadership was prominent in the family’s acquisition of a controlling interest in Eveready Industries, a manufacturer of dry-cell batteries. Mohit was a key figure in the Burman family’s entry into the life insurance sector through a joint venture with Aviva Plc.
Dabur India Limited, in its July 26, 2010 meeting, announced a 1:1 bonus issue.
- Dabur emphasises its commitment to improving people’s lives through effective, natural solutions. This is a key aspect of their management outlook, and they aim to continue blending Ayurvedic knowledge with modern scientific innovation to fulfil this promise.
- Dabur boasts one of the largest distribution networks in the consumer goods industry, with coverage extending to 7.7 million retail outlets. They have a strong presence in both urban and rural markets in India, as well as overseas markets. This indicates their focus on expanding and maintaining market reach.
- Dabur’s management outlook includes a focus on expansion. They acquired a new manufacturing location and invested in enhancing existing facilities, demonstrating their commitment to growth and operational improvement.
- Despite challenges such as inflation, Dabur highlights its agility and resilience in achieving steady growth. They have taken measures to mitigate the impact of inflation through pricing adjustments and cost-saving measures. Their focus on driving efficiency across operations is a key management outlook.
- The company is focused on its brand portfolio. They have a diverse range of brands, with several achieving significant turnover milestones. They plan to continue expanding and strengthening their brand portfolio in various size categories, demonstrating their aim to maintain and grow market share.
|Stocks||Market Cap (cr)||Market Price (₹)||52 Week Low-High (₹)|
|Britannia Industries Ltd||₹118,904.63||
|4933 - 4975|
|Nestle India Ltd||₹235,247.12||
|24402.8 - 24673.85|
|Godrej Consumer Products Ltd||₹106,479.38||
|1037.05 - 1053.8|
|Varun Beverages Ltd||₹139,223.88||
|1055.5 - 1084.85|
|Hindustan Unilever Ltd||₹611,340.15||
|2556.3 - 2637|
What is the Share price of Dabur India (DABUR)?
Can I buy Dabur India (DABUR) shares?
How do I buy Dabur India (DABUR) from Angel One?
- Direct investment: You can buy Dabur India (DABUR) shares by opening a Demat account with Angel One.
- Indirect investment: The indirect method involves investing through ETFs and Mutual Funds that offer exposure to Dabur India (DABUR) shares.
What are the Subsidiaries that comes under Dabur?
The key subsidiaries that come under Dabur are H&B Stores Ltd., and Dabur Research and Development Centre.
What is the total Asset of Dabur?
The total asset of Dabur is Rs. 12,284 Crores.
What is the main business of Dabur?
The main business of Dabur India Ltd. is the distribution of fast moving consumer goods. It operates in the following segments: consumer care, and foods. The consumer care business segment is involved in providing home care, personal care, and health care. Dabur is a world leader in Ayurveda and has a portfolio of over 250 products.
Who are the promoters of Dabur?
The key promoters of Dabur are Chowdry Associates, Vic Enterprises Private Limited, Gyan Enterprises Private Limited, Puran Associates Private Limited, Ratna Commercial Enterprises Private Limited, Milky Investment And Trading Company, Burmans Finvest Private Limited, M B Finmart Private Limited, and Windy Investments Private Limited.