Adani Wilmar Performance
Fundamentals of Adani Wilmar
|P/E Ratio (TTM)||346.3|
|Debt to Equity||0.48|
Financials of Adani Wilmar
|Dec 2022||Mar 2023||Jun 2023||Sep 2023|
|Profit before tax||339.84||129.24||-67.68||-161.76|
|EPS in Rs||1.89||0.72||-0.61||-0.6|
About Adani Wilmar
Adani Wilmar Limited was incorporated as an equal joint venture between Adani Enterprises and Singapore-based Wilmar International in 1999. It is one of India’s few large FMCG food companies to offer the most essential kitchen commodities for Indian consumers, including edible oil, wheat flour, rice, pulses and sugar. The flagship product of the company is Fortune refined oil, which is the largest-selling edible oil brand in India. They carry out all business activities through 23 plants in 10 states nationwide. Adani Wilmar opened its IPO at the end of January 2022 and was listed on BSE and NSE on February 8, 2022.
Adani Wilmar received the best company innovation in SCM (FMCG) from Quantic India at the 3rd Annual Warehouse & Logistics Excellence Awards 2022. In addition, Fortune was recognised as Customer Favourite Brand by Blinkit at Brand Awards 2022 for being the most-ordered brand on Blinkit from April to October 2022.
- Edible Oil: The company offers an extensive range of edible oil products, including soyabean oil, palm oil, sunflower oil, rice bran oil, mustard oil, groundnut oil, cottonseed oil, blended oil, vanaspati and speciality fats. The company gained a dominant market share of over 19% in India’s refined oil consumer pack (ROCP) segment.
- Industry Essentials: Under this segment, it provides certain industry essentials to institutional customers, which include Oleochemicals, including stearic acids, soap noodles, palmitic acid, oleic acid and glycerin. This segment recorded a CAGR of 21% in revenue during 2019-2023.
- Food and FMCG: Adani Wilmar stepped into food products, focusing on staple foods in 2013. It offers a variety of packaged staple foods, including wheat flour, rice, besan and pulses. Many of the staple foods we offer include different variants. The segment posted a CAGR of 28% in revenue during 2019-2023.
- The company has three wholly owned subsidiaries, which include Golden Valley Agrotech Private Limited, AWL Edible Oils and Foods Private Limited and Adani Wilmar Pte. Ltd.
- Gautam Adani, Founder and Chairman
Mr Gautam Adani is the Founder and Chairman of the Adani Group, which ranks among India’s top 3 industrial conglomerates. Adani Group comprises seven publicly listed entities with businesses spanning Energy, Ports & Logistics, Mining & Resources, Gas, Defence & Aerospace, and Airports.
- Angshu Mallick, Managing Director and CEO
Angshu Mallick is the Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director of the company. He has been working with Adani Wilmar since March 1999. Previously, he worked in the Marketing and Distribution function at the National Dairy Development Board (NDDB) and Gujarat Co-operative Milk Marketing Federation Limited (Amul).
- Looking forward, the company will be focused on continuing aggressive expansion initiatives in both urban and rural areas to improve the availability and reach of its products to end consumers.
- The company has taken initiatives to establish a stronger brand presence, drive consumer pull, and increase market share. These initiatives include an ambitious brand campaign across traditional, digital, and outdoor media platforms for all major products, focusing on enhancing brand recall in rural regions of India.
- Low debt business
- Improving cash flows from the past 2 years (2021-2023)
- Declining ROCE for the last 2 years (2021-2023).
- Consistent fall in profits from the past 2 years (2021-2023).
- Growing use of oleochemicals in food products to create better revenue opportunities
- Network expansion via growing retail outlets
- Risks arising from the change in customer preferences
|Stocks||Market Cap (cr)||Market Price (₹)||52 Week Low-High (₹)|
|534.25 - 539.75|
|Patanjali Foods Ltd||₹52,042.19||
|1426.1 - 1499|
|JVL Agro Industries Ltd||₹11.59||
|0.65 - 0.7|
|Shree Ram Proteins Ltd||₹49.27||
|1.15 - 1.15|
|Gujarat Ambuja Exports Ltd||₹8,328.31||
|360.3 - 369.75|
What is the Share price of Adani Wilmar (AWL)?
Can I buy Adani Wilmar (AWL) shares?
How do I buy Adani Wilmar (AWL) from Angel One?
- Direct investment: You can buy Adani Wilmar (AWL) shares by opening a Demat account with Angel One.
- Indirect investment: The indirect method involves investing through ETFs and Mutual Funds that offer exposure to Adani Wilmar (AWL) shares.
What is the total Asset of Adani Wilmar?
The total asset of Adani Wilmar is Rs. 20,251 crores.
What is the main business of Adani Wilmar?
The main business of Adani Wilmar, a joint venture between Singapore’s Wilmar and the Adani Group, is to provide consumer food products and essentials. Its business is split across 3 segments, namely Edible Oil, Food & FMCG, and Industrial Essentials.
Who are the promoters of Adani Wilmar?
The primary promoters of Adani Wilmar are Lence Pte Limited and Adani Commodities LLP
What are the Brands that comes under Adani Wilmar?
Some of the brands that come under Adani Wilmar include Fortune, King’s, Bullet, Raag, Avsar, Pilaf, Jubilee, Fryola, Alpha, VIVO, Rupchandra, Meizan, Chinigura, Veola, Golden Chef, and Aadhar.