Torrent Power Performance
Fundamentals of Torrent Power
|P/E Ratio (TTM)||21.35|
|Debt to Equity||0.9|
Financials of Torrent Power
|Dec 2022||Mar 2023||Jun 2023||Sep 2023|
|Profit before tax||977.43||668.24||711.27||740.67|
|EPS in Rs||14.24||9.34||10.76||10.94|
About Torrent Power
Torrent Power Ltd is engaged in power generation, transmission and distribution. Torrent Power Ltd is a part of Torrent Group. During 1980-1990, the group entered the power sector by acquiring Mahendra Electricals and renamed it ‘Torrent Cables Ltd. The company was incorporated in 2004.
In 2007-2008, the company’s SUGEN Power Project was successfully registered for Clean Development Mechanism benefits by the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change. It signed a shareholders agreement with GPCL for setting up a 1000+ MW coal-based plant at Pipavav, district Amreli, Gujarat, in 2009-2010. Torrent Energy Limited became the distribution licensee for Dahej SEZ in 2010-2011. The company started commercial operation of the 382.5 MW UNOSUGEN Power Project during 2013-2014.
In 2015, Torrent Energy Limited and Torrent Cables Limited amalgamated with Torrent Power Limited. The company received a distribution license for the Dholera Special Investment Region during 2018-2019. It launched public EV charging stations in 2023-2024.
- Power Generation: The company is engaged in power production under this segment. As of March 2023, the company had an operational capacity of 4,160 MW drawn from thermal power plants fuelled by coal and gas and renewable power plants comprising solar and wind plants.
- Distribution: The company possesses expertise in the power distribution sector. It covers an area of 1,948 sq km through its licenced distribution network.
- Transmission: Under this segment, it is engaged in the transmission of power lines. The firm’s transmission lines include 482 kilometres, including 128 km of 220 kV and 105 km of 400 kV double circuit transmission lines that straddle the Gujarati districts of Navsari, Ahmedabad, and Surat.
- Cables: The company’s cable unit manufactures power and control cables. It is one of the market leaders in the HT Power Cable segment, with a manufacturing capacity of up to 132 kV XLPE cables.
The company has several subsidiaries and a few of them are listed below:
- Torrent Power Grid Limited (TPGL): Torrent Power holds a 74% stake in the company. This subsidiary operates the transmission business of the company.
- Torrent Pipavav Generation Limited: Torrent Power possesses a 95% stake in the company, which provides electricity, gas & water services.
Jinal Mehta, Managing Director
Jinal Mehta is the Managing Director of the company. He holds a Bachelor of Business Studies (BBS) and Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree from the University of Technology Sydney (UTS), Sydney, Australia. Jinal possesses over 16 years of experience across all facets of the power sector – generation, transmission and distribution.
During FY 2022, the company finished the acquisition of a 51% stake in Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu Power Distribution Corporation Limited.
|Stocks||Market Cap (cr)||Market Price (₹)||52 Week Low-High (₹)|
|84.85 - 87.4|
|56.7 - 59.25|
|NLC India Ltd||₹25,181.32||
|178.4 - 184.6|
|Tata Power Company Ltd||₹89,948.81||
|276.5 - 283.2|
|272.8 - 286.55|
What is the Share price of Torrent Power (TORNTPOWER)?
Can I buy Torrent Power (TORNTPOWER) shares?
How do I buy Torrent Power (TORNTPOWER) from Angel One?
- Direct investment: You can buy Torrent Power (TORNTPOWER) shares by opening a Demat account with Angel One.
- Indirect investment: The indirect method involves investing through ETFs and Mutual Funds that offer exposure to Torrent Power (TORNTPOWER) shares.
Is Torrent Power a Debt free Company?
No, Torrent Power is not a debt free company.
What is the main business of Torrent Power?
The main business of Torrent Power is to generate, transmit, and distribute coal, gas, wind, and solar-based power, in addition to, manufacturing high-quality power cables.
Who are the promoters of Torrent Power?
The main promoter of Torrent Power is Torrent Investments Private Limited.
What are the Subsidiaries that comes under Torrent Power?
Some subsidiaries that come under Torrent Power are Torrent Solargen Limited, Latur Renewable Private Limited, Torrent Power Grid Limited, Jodhpur Wind Farms Private Limited, Torrent Pipavav Generation Limited, TCL Cables Private Limited, Torrent Saurya Urja 2 Private Limited, and Torrent Solar Power Private Limited.