Manappuram Finance Performance
Fundamentals of Manappuram Finance
|P/E Ratio (TTM)||7.5|
|Debt to Equity||3.11|
Financials of Manappuram Finance
|Dec 2022||Mar 2023||Jun 2023||Sep 2023|
|Profit before tax||540.97||566.56||680.84||746.7|
|EPS in Rs||4.65||4.91||5.88||6.62|
About Manappuram Finance
Manappuram Finance is a Non-Banking Finance Company (NBFC) which provides a wide range of fund-based and fee-based services, including gold loans, money exchange facilities, etc. The company was founded by Mr. V.C. Padmanabhan in 1949. Initially, the firm was engaged in pawnbroking and money lending on a modest scale. In 1986, the company’s founder, Mr. V.C. Padmanabhan, passed away and Shri. V.P. Nandakumar took over the business. The company was listed on BSE and NSE in 1995 after an IPO to the public.
In 1999, the company diversified its business into two-wheeler finance, consumer durables, etc. The company appointed Mr. Ashvin Chadda as an Additional Director in 2008. In 2011, the company changed its name to Manappuram Finance Ltd from Manappuram General Finance and Leasing Ltd. In 2014, Manappuram Finance finished the acquisition of Milestone Home Finance. The company continued its inorganic growth by finishing the acquisition of 99.81% of Equity Shares of Manappuram Comptech & Consultants Ltd in 2019.
As of March 2023, the company had a Pan-India presence with a wide network of 5,000+ branches across all Indian states and union territories. The company had served 5.88 Mn total customers, out of which 2.40 Mn were gold loan customers.
- Microfinancing (MFI) Loans: The company provides MFI loans to customers, such as the Income Generating Program (IGP) Loan, Product Loans, MSME Loans and Gold Loans. As of March 2023, MFI AUM stood at ₹92,972.1 million.
- MSME Loan: The company commenced MSME business in July 2019. The business caters to the “Missing Middle” segment, largely comprising small businesses like Kirana Shops, Small Manufacturing units, Agri and Allied trading, etc.
- Gold Loan: It launched the Gold Loan business in 2021 with a key objective to help customers with ongoing business capital for income generation activity.
- Vehicle & Equipment Finance: The company provides vehicle financing solutions to retail customers. The vehicle finance portfolio is about ₹24,551.40 million spread across 281 locations in 23 states as of March 2023.
- Manappuram Home Finance Limited: It is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the company, which was incorporated in 2010. The company provides home finance solutions to its customers.
- Manappuram Insurance Brokers Limited: This is a wholly subsidiary which acts as a licensed Insurance Broker with IRDAI.
- Asirvad Microfinance Limited: The company possesses a 97.60% stake in the company. It provides microfinancing services to its customers.
Mr. V.P. Nandakumar, Managing Director & CEO
Mr. V.P. Nandakumar is the Managing Director & CEO of the company. In 1986, Mr Nandakumar assumed control of this single-branch company following the passing of his father. It has grown at an extraordinary rate since then, and his leadership was crucial in crafting the tale of success.
- The company announced a bonus issue in the ratio of 1:1 with a record date of June 09, 2011.
- In 2010, Manappuram announced a bonus issue of shares in the ratio of 1:1 on a record date of May 03, 2010.
|Stocks||Market Cap (cr)||Market Price (₹)||52 Week Low-High (₹)|
|Palash Securities Ltd||₹122.04||
|119.95 - 122.05|
|Motor & General Finance Ltd||₹116.18||
|29.25 - 29.55|
|Prime Securities Ltd||₹585.56||
|173.05 - 183|
|IL&FS Investment Managers Ltd||₹306.18||
|9.7 - 10.2|
|Repco Home Finance Ltd||₹2,502.77||
|394.05 - 405|
What is the Share price of Manappuram Finance (MANAPPURAM)?
Can I buy Manappuram Finance (MANAPPURAM) shares?
How do I buy Manappuram Finance (MANAPPURAM) from Angel One?
- Direct investment: You can buy Manappuram Finance (MANAPPURAM) shares by opening a Demat account with Angel One.
- Indirect investment: The indirect method involves investing through ETFs and Mutual Funds that offer exposure to Manappuram Finance (MANAPPURAM) shares.
Is Manappuram Finance a Debt free Company?
No, Manappuram Finance is not a debt free company.
What is the main business of Manappuram Finance?
The main business of Manappuram Finance is to provide various financial products and services, such as gold loans, SME finance, forex transfer, personal loans, vehicle loans, two-wheeler finance, micro-home finance, doorstep gold loan, and other loans. It is a systematically important non deposit taking NBFC.
Who are the promoters of Manappuram Finance?
Some of the main promoters of Manappuram Finance are V P Nandakumar, Sushama Nandakumar, Sooraj Nandan, Jyothy Prasannan, Suhas Nandan, Sumitha Nandan Jayasankar, and Shelly Ekalavian.
What are the Subsidiaries that comes under Manappuram Finance?
Some of the subsidiaries that come under Manappuram Finance are Manappuram Home Finance Limited, Asirvad Microfinance Limited, Manappuram Insurance Brokers Limited, and Manappuram Comptech and Consultants Limited.