Jubilant Foodworks Performance
Fundamentals of Jubilant Foodworks
|P/E Ratio (TTM)||156.1|
|Debt to Equity||1.25|
Financials of Jubilant Foodworks
|Dec 2022||Mar 2023||Jun 2023||Sep 2023|
|Profit before tax||111.48||53.4||54.32||120.53|
|EPS in Rs||1.22||0.43||0.44||1.47|
About Jubilant Foodworks
History of Jubilant FoodWorks Limited
Incorporated in 1995, Jubilant FoodWorks Limited (JFL) is the largest food service company in India. The company is part of the Jubilant Bhartia Group. Jubilant FoodWorks holds the exclusive master franchise rights from big food brands like Domino’s Pizza Inc, Dunkin’ and Popeyes in India and other countries.
In January 1996, the company launched its first Domino’s Pizza restaurant in Delhi. Jubilant FoodWorks is the largest franchisee for Domino’s brand outside the US. They started setting up Domino’s restaurants in various cities nationwide. Eventually, through its subsidiaries, they established Domino’s restaurants in Bangladesh and Sri Lanka. Later, in April 2012, the company launched its first Dunkin’ Donuts Restaurants in Delhi and eventually spread across the country. In March 2019, JFL entered the Chinese cuisine segment and launched its first restaurant, Hong’s Kitchen. In January 2022, the company launched the first Popeyes restaurant in India in Bangalore.
As of March 2023, the company has set up over 1,800 Domino’s, 21 Dunkin’, 13 Popeyes, and 13 Hong’s Kitchen restaurants. Through their subsidiaries, they have a presence in other countries, including Sri Lanka, Turkey, Bangladesh, Azerbaijan and Georgia.
Business Segments of Jubilant FoodWorks Limited
As of March 2023, there is a single business segment of the company, i.e., Food and Beverages. The company has exclusive franchise rights for brands as follows:
- Domino’s Pizza: This food brand provides pizza primarily along with beverages. The company has set up about 1,816 Domino’s Pizza restaurants in 393 cities in India. JFL is the first company in India to launch an online and mobile food ordering system. Currently, there are over 650 restaurants in Turkey, 48 in Sri Lanka, 17 in Bangladesh, 10 in Azerbaijan and 6 in Georgia.
- Dunkin’ Donuts: In this restaurant, they offer donuts, coffee and hot and cold beverages. JFL has set up about 21 Dunkin’ restaurants across 6 cities in India.
- Popeyes: This restaurant offers Popeyes Signature Chicken, Chicken Sandwich, Chicken Tenders, Veg Sandwich, beverages, etc.
- Hong’s Kitchen: This is the first homegrown brand by JFL that offers Asian cuisine.
As of March 31, 2023, the subsidiary companies of Jubilant FoodWorks Limited are as follows:
- Jubilant FoodWorks Bangladesh Limited: This is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the company that is engaged in the operations of the company in Bangladesh.
- Jubilant FoodWorks Lanka (Private) Limited: This wholly-owned subsidiary of Jubilant FoodWorks Limited is engaged in the company’s operations in Sri Lanka.
- Jubilant Foodworks Netherlands B.V. and DP Eurasia N.V. (DPEU): Jubilant Foodworks Netherlands is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the company and holds a stake in DPEU, which is publicly listed with London Stock Exchange PLC. DPEU is also the only master franchisee of the Domino’s Pizza brand in Russia, Turkey, Georgia and Azerbaijan.
Key Personalities of Jubilant FoodWorks Limited
Sameer Khetarpal, Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Sameer Khetarpal has been the CEO and Managing Director of the company since September 2022. He holds about 25 years of experience and held various leadership positions in sectors like e-commerce, management consulting and Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG).
Corporate Actions of Jubilant FoodWorks Limited
The company announced bonus shares of a 1:1 ratio with a record date of June 23, 2018.
|Stocks||Market Cap (cr)||Market Price (₹)||52 Week Low-High (₹)|
|Barbeque-Nation Hospitality Ltd||₹2,589.22||
|658.4 - 674.4|
|Sapphire Foods India Ltd||₹8,998.42||
|1408.2 - 1434|
|Restaurant Brands Asia Ltd||₹5,727.97||
|114.35 - 116.35|
|Coffee Day Enterprises Ltd||₹956.76||
|45 - 46|
|Westlife Foodworld Ltd||₹13,460.41||
|862.7 - 877|
What is the Share price of Jubilant Foodworks (JUBLFOOD)?
Can I buy Jubilant Foodworks (JUBLFOOD) shares?
How do I buy Jubilant Foodworks (JUBLFOOD) from Angel One?
- Direct investment: You can buy Jubilant Foodworks (JUBLFOOD) shares by opening a Demat account with Angel One.
- Indirect investment: The indirect method involves investing through ETFs and Mutual Funds that offer exposure to Jubilant Foodworks (JUBLFOOD) shares.
What is the total Asset of Jubilant Foods?
The total asset of Jubilant Foods is Rs. 4,782 crores.
What is the main business of Jubilant Foods?
The main business of Jubilant Foods is to provide food services. A part of Jubilant Bhartia Group, Jubilant Foods holds the master franchise rights for 3 food brands namely, Domino’s Pizza, Dunkin’ Donuts and Popeyes and has its brand of Chinese food – Hong’s Kitchen.
Who are the promoters of Jubilant Foods?
The primary promoter of Jubilant Foods is Jubilant Consumer Private Limited.
What are the Subsidiaries that comes under Jubilant Foods?
The subsidiaries that come under Jubilant Foods are Hashtag Loyalty Private Limited, Jubilant FoodWorks Lanka (Pvt) Ltd., Jubilant Golden Harvest Ltd., and Jubilant FoodWorks Netherlands B.V.