Godrej Consumer Products Performance
Fundamentals of Godrej Consumer Products
|P/E Ratio (TTM)||59.71|
|Debt to Equity||0.23|
Financials of Godrej Consumer Products
|Dec 2022||Mar 2023||Jun 2023||Sep 2023|
|Profit before tax||665.11||555.51||479.88||619.37|
|EPS in Rs||5.41||4.64||3.92||4.35|
About Godrej Consumer Products
Godrej Consumer Products Limited (GCPL) is a fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) company involved in marketing and manufacturing Household and Personal Care products. The company was founded by Ardeshir Godrej after a few failed ventures in 1897 as a lock company. It launched Chavi in 1918, the first soap in the world made without animal fat. The company’s founder supported India’s freedom movement with a donation of ₹3 lakh to the Tilak Swaraj Fund.
Godrej became the first company to introduce the Public Provident Fund (PPF) in 1938, 14 years before the Government of India mandated it. In 1952, the company became India’s 2nd largest soap player with the help of Cinthol and Godrej No. 1 soaps. It continued its growth story and launched a series of innovative hair care products in 1974 and became a leading player in Asia,
Africa and Latin America. In 1991, it incorporated Godrej Agrovet, which is a diversified, research and development-backed agri-business company.
In 1994, the company acquired Translektra with leading brands such as Goodknight and HIT, and it is the number one player in household insecticides in India and Indonesia. Godrej Consumer Products Limited was established after the demerger of Godrej Soaps and Godrej Chemicals in 2001. In 2010, it merged with Godrej Sara Lee and added leading players in the growing household insecticides market to its portfolio.
The company entered into air care with Godrej aer, which is a premium innovation for cars and homes, in 2013. The continued its inorganic growth with the acquisition of USA-based Strength of Nature in 2016, a significant brand in Africa and the Caribbean. After 2 years (2018), it launched Magic with a view to making handwashing accessible to every home in India. Recently, in 2023, the company launched Goodknight Mini, the world’s most affordable liquid vapouriser.
- Home Care: Under this segment, the company earns revenue from the sale of products such as household insecticides, air fresheners, fabric care, etc. During FY 2023, this segment generated 36% of overall revenue.
- Personal Care: The company deals with products such as personal wash and hygiene, hair colour, premium beauty and professional products. The segment delivered ~59% of revenue in FY 2023.
- Unbranded and Exports: The company also makes income from exporting its products to other countries on different continents, such as Asia, Africa, and Latin America.
As of March 31, 2023, the company had multiple subsidiaries and a few of them are listed below:
- Godrej Consumer Care Limited: It is a wholly owned subsidiary of GCPL, which deals in consumer care products such as soap, handwash, insecticides, etc.
- Godrej Household Products Lanka Pvt. Limited: It is a wholly owned subsidiary of GCPL, which started operations in 2002. Godrej Sri Lanka makes products across 3 categories – home care, hair care and personal care.
- Godrej Household Products Bangladesh Pvt. Limited: The company is a 100% subsidiary, which commenced operations in 2002. It makes products across 3 categories – home care, hair care and personal care.
Sudhir Sitapati, Managing Director & CEO
Sudhir Sitapati is currently the Managing Director & CEO of GCPL. He has been in the position since October 18, 2021. Prior to joining GCPL, he was Executive Director – Foods and Refreshments at Hindustan Unilever Limited (HUL). In his 22 years at HUL, he led teams across several categories and functions in India, Europe, South East Asia, and Africa.
- GCPL announced a bonus issue in the ratio of 1:1 with a record date of June 22, 2017.
- In 2018, the company announced a bonus issue in the ratio of 1:2 with a record date of September 12, 2018.
- The growth strategy of the company revolves around category-developing existing portfolios, funded by radical simplification, as well as people and planet alongside profit.
- Looking forward, GCPL is focused on double-digit volume growth, more automation and diversity.
- Strong brand portfolio.
- Wider customer base.
- Limited expansion against competitors.
- Less market share.
- Digital sales opportunities due to the evolving digital environment.
- Rising demand for products.
- Intense competition from peers.
- Changing customer preferences.
|Stocks||Market Cap (cr)||Market Price (₹)||52 Week Low-High (₹)|
|Britannia Industries Ltd||₹119,093.72||
|4900.05 - 4974.5|
|Dabur India Ltd||₹97,027.88||
|545.05 - 551.35|
|Nestle India Ltd||₹238,998.17||
|24639 - 25120|
|Varun Beverages Ltd||₹138,749.66||
|1071 - 1109|
|Hindustan Unilever Ltd||₹592,414.19||
|2499 - 2529.95|
What is the Share price of Godrej Consumer Products (GODREJCP)?
Can I buy Godrej Consumer Products (GODREJCP) shares?
How do I buy Godrej Consumer Products (GODREJCP) from Angel One?
- Direct investment: You can buy Godrej Consumer Products (GODREJCP) shares by opening a Demat account with Angel One.
- Indirect investment: The indirect method involves investing through ETFs and Mutual Funds that offer exposure to Godrej Consumer Products (GODREJCP) shares.
What is the total Asset of Godrej Consumer?
The total asset of Godrej Consumer is Rs. 16,082 crores.
What is the main business of Godrej Consumer?
The main business of Godrej Consumer, India’s leading FMCG company based in Mumbai, is to manufacture household and personal care products. Godrej Consumer`s product range includes soaps, toiletries, liquid detergents, and hair colourants. Some of its brands include Cinthol, Fair Glow, Renew, and ColourSoft.
Who are the promoters of Godrej Consumer?
The key promoters of Godrej Consumer are Godrej Seeds & Genetics Limited, Godrej Industries Limited, Godrej & Boyce Manufacturing Co. Ltd., Rishad Kaikhushru Naoroji & Others (Partners Of Rkn Enterprises), and Pheroza Jamshyd Godrej.
What are the Subsidiaries that comes under Godrej Consumer?
Some of the subsidiaries that come under Godrej Consumer are Godrej Netherlands B.V., Godrej South Africa (Pty) Ltd., Godrej Consumer Products Holding (Mauritius) Ltd., Godrej Household Products Lanka (Pvt) Ltd., Godrej Consumer Products (Bangladesh) Ltd., and Godrej Mauritius Africa Holdings Ltd.