Crompton Greaves Consumer Electricals Performance
Fundamentals of Crompton Greaves Consumer Electricals
|P/E Ratio (TTM)||43.94|
|Debt to Equity||0.37|
Financials of Crompton Greaves Consumer Electricals
|Dec 2022||Mar 2023||Jun 2023||Sep 2023|
|Profit before tax||114.59||170.43||155.82||135.75|
|EPS in Rs||1.34||2.07||1.86||1.52|
About Crompton Greaves Consumer Electricals
History of Crompton Greaves Consumer Electricals Limited (CGCEL)
Incorporated in 2015, Crompton Greaves Consumer Electricals Limited (CGCEL) is one of the leading consumer companies in India. The company is involved in the manufacturing and trading of Electrical Consumer Durables and Lighting Products.
The company comes with a brand legacy of over 90 years. In 1878, Col. R.E.B. Crompton founded R.E.B. Crompton & Company. Later, in 1927, the company was merged with F.A Parkinson and formed Crompton Parkinson Ltd (CPL). In India, Greaves Cotton and Co (GCC) was appointed their concessionaire. In 1937, CPL established its wholly-owned Indian subsidiary, Crompton Parkinson Works Ltd. Since then, Crompton Greaves Limited has been a pioneering leader in managing and applying electrical energy. In 1947, Lala Karamchand Thapar took over the company and set up a headquarters in Mumbai.
On October 1, 2015, the consumer business of Crompton demerged from its parent company, Crompton Greaves Ltd and launched Crompton Greaves Consumer Electricals Limited. In 2016, the company released its IPO and got listed on the stock exchanges.
As of March 2023, the company has 28 warehouses and 7 manufacturing units with an installed capacity of 22.9 million for fans, 98.4 million for lightning, and 0.51 million for pumps. They have 5,763 channel partners, more than 2,89,000 retailers and 11 industry partnerships.
Business Segments of Crompton Greaves Consumer Electricals Limited
There are two primary business segments of the company, as follows:
- Lighting: Under this segment, the company offers various lighting products, such as LED lights, LED bulbs, ceiling lights, table lights, and much more. They also provide industrial lighting and outdoor lighting like street light products.
- Electrical Consumer Durables: Under this, the company offers several electrical products, such as ceiling fans, coolers, heaters, kitchen chimneys, dishwashers, micro ovens, etc. They provide kitchen appliances under their well-known brand Butterfly.
As of March 31, 2023, the subsidiaries of Crompton Greaves Consumer Electricals Limited are as follows:
- Pinnacles Lighting Project Private Limited: This is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the company that is engaged in the operations and marketing of LED street lights and poles in Odisha.
- Butterfly Gandhimathi Appliances Limited: This subsidiary of the company is engaged in the import, manufacture, sales and exports of household and industrial vessels and utensils.
- Crompton CSR Foundation: This is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the company that conducts Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) activities.
Key Personalities of Crompton Greaves Consumer Electricals Limited
Promeet Ghosh, Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Promeet Ghosh is the CEO and Managing Director of the company. He holds about 20 years of experience and served as the director on boards of several companies across various sectors. He was an investment banker for 20 years. Previously, he worked at DSP Merrill Lynch for 18 years and helped them with their Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) franchise and then moved to Temasek, India.
Management Outlook of Crompton Greaves Consumer Electricals Limited
- The company plans to increase their manufacturing capacity and quality through their Udaan initiative.
- They plan to increase their brand visibility by raising the budget for digital marketing.
|Stocks||Market Cap (cr)||Market Price (₹)||52 Week Low-High (₹)|
|Kaynes Technology India Ltd||₹14,091.42||
|2384.75 - 2440|
|Genus Power Infrastructures Ltd||₹6,085.41||
|231.45 - 238.7|
|Orient Electric Ltd||₹4,689.78||
|217.85 - 221.6|
|Opal Luxury Time Products Ltd||₹14.45||
|43 - 43|
|Monica Electronics Ltd||₹4.69||
|7.7 - 8|
What is the Share price of Crompton Greaves Consumer Electricals (CROMPTON)?
Can I buy Crompton Greaves Consumer Electricals (CROMPTON) shares?
How do I buy Crompton Greaves Consumer Electricals (CROMPTON) from Angel One?
- Direct investment: You can buy Crompton Greaves Consumer Electricals (CROMPTON) shares by opening a Demat account with Angel One.
- Indirect investment: The indirect method involves investing through ETFs and Mutual Funds that offer exposure to Crompton Greaves Consumer Electricals (CROMPTON) shares.
What is the main business of Crompton Greaves?
Crompton Greaves Consumer Electricals Ltd is a leading player in India’s consumer electrical sector with a wide portfolio, which includes fans, lighting, pumps, and household appliances. The company markets its products under the Crompton brand name in India.
Who are the promoters of Crompton Greaves?
Macritchie Investments Pte Ltd and Amalfiaco Ltd, are the promoters of Crompton Greaves Consumer Electricals Ltd. In the year 2020 the promoters offloaded the firm’s shares worth over Rs 1,631 crore through open market transactions.
What are the Subsidiaries that comes under Crompton Greaves?
Pinnacles Lighting Project Private Limited, Nexustar Lighting Project Private Limited & Butterfly Gandhimathi Appliances Limited are the three subsidiaries of Crompton.