Coromandel International Performance
Fundamentals of Coromandel International
|P/E Ratio (TTM)||16.9|
|Debt to Equity||0.05|
Financials of Coromandel International
|Dec 2022||Mar 2023||Jun 2023||Sep 2023|
|Profit before tax||706.27||336.52||661.45||999.55|
|EPS in Rs||17.92||8.37||16.8||25.72|
About Coromandel International
History of Coromandel International Limited
Incorporated in 1961, Coromandel International Limited is a part of Murugappa Group. The company is a well-known agricultural solutions provider in India. They work towards improving the lives of farmers and enhancing the ecosystem while creating value for all stakeholders. They provide a wide range of products and services across the farming value chain. Coromandel International Limited specialise in offering high-quality primary, secondary and micro-nutrients, crop care solutions and biologicals.
Coromandel International is one of the leading marketers of organic fertilisers and a comprehensive range of biopesticide solutions. They also contribute to the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), which concentrate on education, health, clean energy and sanitation.
Coromandel International is the largest Neem-based Bio pesticide manufacturer in the world. They are also the largest private sector Phosphatic Fertiliser company in India.
They have the largest Agri Retail chain with about 750 stores in India across Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, and Karnataka. The company has over 13,650 employees globally and partnered with more than 2 crore farmers.
Business Segments of Coromandel International Limited
The business operations of the company are categorised into two major segments:
- Crop Nutrition: Under this category, the company offers fertilisers, speciality nutrients and organic fertilisers. They have 18 manufacturing facilities with a manufacturing capacity per annum for fertilisers of about 4.5 million tons.
- Crop Protection: Under this, the company offers biopesticides, herbicides, fungicides, insecticides and plant growth regulators. They market these products all over the world. Coromandel International is the major Phenthoate manufacturer in Asia and the second largest Malathion manufacturer. Their product catalogue includes Parry Neem, Aaroosh, Astra, Mythri, Phendal, etc.
Coromandel International Limited has several subsidiaries, and a few of them are:
- Coromandel Chemicals Limited (CCL): This is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the company, which was previously known as Parry Chemicals Limited. This company is involved in Polynet (Tuflex), General Marketing, Travel and Solar.
- Dare Ventures Limited (DVL): This company focuses on investments in early-stage startups that offer technology-led solutions for complicated and long-term problems in the agriculture and related sectors.
- Coromandel Brasil Limitada (CBL): This company is involved in getting product registrations in Brazil and securing orders for supplies from India.
Key Personalities of Coromandel International Limited
A Vellayan, Chairman
A Vellayan, the Chairman of Coromandel International Limited, possesses extensive expertise in the Fertilisers Business, Financial Planning and General Management. He is also the Chairman of the Indian Institute of Management, Kozhikode. He holds directorship in Kanoria Chemicals & Industries Limited, Ambadi Investments Limited, and AMM Foundation.
Corporate Actions of Coromandel International Limited
- The stock’s face value split from ₹2 to ₹1, with an ex-date of December 23, 2010 and the record date was December 24, 2010.
SWOT Analysis of Coromandel International Limited
- The business of the company is involved in the agriculture sector, which has continuous demand.
- The company offers a wide range of products and strives to serve a large farmer base.
- The company is in the fertiliser business and can face environmental concerns.
- The company can explore eco-friendly products, which will reduce the use of unsafe products by the farming community.
- The products offered by the company are regulated, and so they need to comply with the regulations regularly.
|Stocks||Market Cap (cr)||Market Price (₹)||52 Week Low-High (₹)|
|Fertilizers & Chemicals Travancore Ltd||₹45,841.81||
|710 - 747.7|
|Paradeep Phosphates Ltd||₹5,305.58||
|64.75 - 65.95|
|Chambal Fertilisers & Chemicals Ltd||₹13,222.92||
|316.5 - 324|
|Aries Agro Ltd||₹264.36||
|197.1 - 204.95|
|Gujarat State Fertilizers & Chemicals Ltd||₹7,696.59||
|193.1 - 197.5|
What is the Share price of Coromandel International (COROMANDEL)?
Can I buy Coromandel International (COROMANDEL) shares?
How do I buy Coromandel International (COROMANDEL) from Angel One?
- Direct investment: You can buy Coromandel International (COROMANDEL) shares by opening a Demat account with Angel One.
- Indirect investment: The indirect method involves investing through ETFs and Mutual Funds that offer exposure to Coromandel International (COROMANDEL) shares.
Is Coromandel International a Debt free Company?
Coromandel International is a virtually Debt free Company.
What is the main business of Coromandel International ?
Coromandel is a highly reliable agricultural brand in India known for its innovation and production of fertilisers that protects crops and provides essential nutrients.
Who are the promoters of Coromandel International ?
E.I.D.PARRY (INDIA) Limited, M V Valli Murugappan, Arun Venkatachalam, and M M Murugappan are the major promoters of Coromandel International.
What are the Subsidiaries that comes under Coromandel International ?
Sabero Organics Philippines Asia Inc, Sabero Organics America SA, Sabero Europe BV, Sabero Argentina are some of the Subsidiaries that come under Coromandel International.