Britannia Industries Performance
Fundamentals of Britannia Industries
|P/E Ratio (TTM)||46.96|
|Debt to Equity||0.98|
Financials of Britannia Industries
|Dec 2022||Mar 2023||Jun 2023||Sep 2023|
|Profit before tax||1,149.31||761.1||621.99||798.63|
|EPS in Rs||23.09||23.19||19||24.41|
About Britannia Industries
About Britannia Industries Limited
Britannia Industries is one of the leading food companies in India, having a legacy of over 100 years. The company’s product portfolio primarily includes Bread, Biscuits, Cakes, Dairy products and Rusk. It was established in 1892 in Kolkota by Nusli Wadia. In 1918, the company was incorporated as Britannia Biscuit Co. Limited. It launched the Britannia Bourbon biscuit in 1955. Britannia cakes became popular in the market in 1963. The company’s name was changed to Britannia Industries Limited in 1979.
In 1983, it achieved a milestone by crossing the sales of ₹100 crore. The company received the Global Performance Excellence Award from the Asia Pacific Quality Organisation. In 1990, Britannia Industries inked a 10-year technical collaboration agreement with Nebico Pvt. Ltd. The agreement was signed for the supply of know-how relating to the manufacturing, packaging and marketing of biscuits as well as selection of plant and machinery.
In 1990, the company launched the flavoured milk brand `Zip-Sip’ in tetra packs. In 2003, Britannia New Zealand Foods, a joint venture of Britannia Industries and Fonterra Co-operative group of New Zealand, rolled out Britannia MilkMan fresh milk. Britannia rolled out a state-of-the-art R&D facility in Karnataka in 2016. The company entered into a joint venture agreement with Chipita S.A, a Greek company, to manufacture and sell ready-to-eat croissants.
- Bakery Business: Under this segment, the company earns revenue from the manufacturing and selling Biscuits, Cakes, Rusk and Breads.
- Dairy Business: The product portfolio under this segment includes Cheese, Paneer, Ghee, Dahi, Dairy Whitener, etc. The company believes that the organised dairy industry is expected to witness good revenue growth over the next 5 years on the back of value-added products, steady liquid milk sales and a hike in the retail price.
- Adjacent Business: The company manufactures and sells Cream Wafers, Centre-Filled Croissants, and Salted Snacks.
- International Business: Under this segment, the company mainly focuses on the Middle East, Americas, Africa, Asia Pacific and SAARC.
The company had 28 subsidiaries as of March 31, 2023, and a few of them are listed below:
- International Bakery Products Limited: The company is a 100% subsidiary of Britannia Industries Limited, which deals in offshore sales.
- J B Mangharam Foods Private Limited. The company manufactures biscuits for Britannia. It is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Brittania Industries Limited.
- Manna Foods Private Limited: The company sells natural millet-based cereals, infant foods, milk supplements and other everyday products. It is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Britannia Industries Limited.
Varun Berry, MD & Vice Chairman
Mr. Varun Berry is currently the MD and Vice Chairman of the company. He joined Britannia Industries as Vice President & Chief Operating Officer in 2013. Mr. Varun Berry has previously worked with various companies such as Hindustan Unilever and Pepsico.
- For the biscuit portfolio, the company would continue to drive penetration for large, powerful brands. To increase cake business, it seeks to expand its portfolio to ensure competitive play across all relevant categories.
- The company believes that the milk prices will likely remain high due to high input costs and good demand. This is likely to aid the revenue growth of the milk business.
- The company’s strategic pillars revolve around growing distribution & marketing, leading innovation, enhancing adjacent business, disciplined cost efficiency and maintaining sustainability.
- Wide Distribution Network.
- Diversified Revenue Stream.
- Major reliance on biscuity business.
- Fierce competition.
- Rising demand for low-calorie products.
- Growing nuclearisation of families.
- Rising material costs.
- Increasing fake products.
|Stocks||Market Cap (cr)||Market Price (₹)||52 Week Low-High (₹)|
|Dabur India Ltd||₹97,027.88||
|545.05 - 551.35|
|Nestle India Ltd||₹238,998.17||
|24639 - 25120|
|Godrej Consumer Products Ltd||₹104,485.00||
|1017.5 - 1045.75|
|Varun Beverages Ltd||₹138,749.66||
|1071 - 1109|
|Hindustan Unilever Ltd||₹592,414.19||
|2499 - 2529.95|
What is the Share price of Britannia Industries (BRITANNIA)?
Can I buy Britannia Industries (BRITANNIA) shares?
How do I buy Britannia Industries (BRITANNIA) from Angel One?
- Direct investment: You can buy Britannia Industries (BRITANNIA) shares by opening a Demat account with Angel One.
- Indirect investment: The indirect method involves investing through ETFs and Mutual Funds that offer exposure to Britannia Industries (BRITANNIA) shares.
What is the total Asset of Britannia?
The total asset of Britannia is Rs. 7,515 Crores.
What is the main business of Britannia?
Britannia Industries Limited (BIL) is a top FMCG company in India. The product line offered by Britannia comprises biscuits, bread cakes, rusk, and dairy items like cheese, milk, and yoghurt.
Who are the promoters of Britannia?
The promoters of Britannia are Associated Biscuits International Limited, Dowbiggin Enterprises Pte Ltd, Nacupa Enterprises Pte Ltd, Spargo Enterprises Pte Ltd, Valletort Enterprises Pte Ltd, Bannatyne Enterprises Pte Ltd, Ness Nusli Wadia, Nusli Neville Wadia.
What are the Brands that comes under Britannia?
Favorite brands that are well-known in India include Milk Bikis, Marie Gold, Good Day, Tiger, and NutriChoice, come under Britannia.