Bata India Performance
Fundamentals of Bata India
|P/E Ratio (TTM)||72.88|
|Debt to Equity||0.9|
Financials of Bata India
|Dec 2022||Mar 2023||Jun 2023||Sep 2023|
|Profit before tax||109.76||88.3||143.56||46.1|
|EPS in Rs||5.47||5.11||8.32||5.82|
About Bata India
Bata India is one of the leading manufacturers and retailers of footwear in India and is a part of the Bata Shoe Organization. It was established as Bata Shoe Company Private Limited in 1931. After a year of incorporation, it established a small operation in Konnagar in 1932.
In 1934, the company placed the foundation stone for the first building of its operation. The company set up a machinery department in 1942, which produced the first Indian-made major shoe machine. A leather footwear factory was established in Patna, Bihar, which is known today as Bataganj, in the same year.
In 1952, a tannery was established, and a hide purchasing centre was also set up in Mokamehgat. The company continued its growth trajectory with the construction of another factory in Faridabad in the same year.
In 1973, it went public and changed its name to Bata India Limited after an IPO and is now listed on the BSE and NSE. Bata successfully launched the Adidas collection of hi-tech sports footwear in 1989. Bata entered into a marketing tie-up with Nike wherein the latter’s products were offered from select Bata outlets in 1997. In 2003, it entered into a retailing alliance with Lee Cooper Shoes to retail their shoes.
In 2013, the company won the award for ‘Most Admired Large Format Multi Brand Footwear Retailer of the Year’. Bata opened the first exclusive store of the fitness brand Power in 2018. As of March 2023, the company owns four strategically located manufacturing units and over 2,050 retail stores across India, including franchisees.
- Retail Segment: The company sells its products to retail customers through its stores located across the country. As of March 2023, the company had over 400 franchise stores, which include 116 stores opened during FY 2023.
- Digital Multi-Channel Business: The company earns revenue from the sale of its products through E-commerce channels. The business continued its steady growth path during FY 2023.
- Non-Retail Business: Under this business, the company generates income from Multi-Brand Outlets, key accounts, industrial and institutional business divisions and exports. As of March 2023, the company has a presence in over 1200 towns through MBOs, and 550+ enterprises provide Bata shoes to their Employee/Customers through its B2B Division.
- Bata Properties Limited: It is a wholly owned subsidiary of Bata India Limited, which is engaged in the property and related business.
- Way Finders Brands Limited: The company is a 100% subsidiary which deals in ladies’ slippers, women’s footwear and ladies’ sandals.
The company has no history of bonus issues, stock splits and other corporate actions.
Mr Gunjan Shah, Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer
Mr Gunjan Shah is currently the MD & CEO of the company, who joined Bata in 2021. He is an accomplished leader who has worked across geographies in various industries such as consumer durables, telecom and FMCG. He was the Chief Commercial Officer at Britannia Industries in his last role.
|Stocks||Market Cap (cr)||Market Price (₹)||52 Week Low-High (₹)|
|Khadim India Ltd||₹662.09||
|365.5 - 372.85|
|Liberty Shoes Ltd||₹498.93||
|291.55 - 300|
|Relaxo Footwears Ltd||₹22,634.74||
|909.55 - 914.4|
|AKI India Ltd||₹176.43||
|25.65 - 25.65|
|Bhartiya International Ltd||₹403.40||
|316.05 - 342|
What is the Share price of Bata India (BATAINDIA)?
Can I buy Bata India (BATAINDIA) shares?
How do I buy Bata India (BATAINDIA) from Angel One?
- Direct investment: You can buy Bata India (BATAINDIA) shares by opening a Demat account with Angel One.
- Indirect investment: The indirect method involves investing through ETFs and Mutual Funds that offer exposure to Bata India (BATAINDIA) shares.
Is Bata India a Debt free Company?
No, Bata India is not a debt free company.
What is the main business of Bata India?
The main business of Bata India is to serve as India’s largest retailer and a prominent manufacturer of footwear. It belongs to the Bata Shoe Organization.
Who are the promoters of Bata India?
The main promoter of Bata India is the Bata (BN) BV with a 50.16% share ownership.
What are the Subsidiaries that comes under Bata India?
The two wholly owned subsidiaries that come under Bata India are Bata Properties Limited and Way Finders Brands Limited.