Calculate your SIP ReturnsExplore

Top 10 State-Wise Mutual Fund Asset Under Management

21 February 20244 mins read by Angel One
Maharashtra, Delhi, and Karnataka are the top three states in terms of Mutual Fund AUM, whereas Mizoram is the lowest.
Top 10 State-Wise Mutual Fund Asset Under Management
ShareShare on 1Share on 2Share on 3Share on 4Share on 5

As of January 2024, the State-wise Assets Under Management (AUM) of Mutual fund in India offers a comprehensive insight into the investment landscape across different regions. Topping the list is Maharashtra, boasting an impressive AUM of Rs 21,70,500 crore.

Maharashtra in the lead

The Mutual Fund AUM of Maharashtra reveals an intriguing fact: a balanced allocation strategy, Maharashtra allocates 40% to equity and 60% to non-equity investments, reflecting its robust and diversified investment portfolio. Following closely is New Delhi, with an AUM of Rs 4,52,100 crore. New Delhi maintains a balanced approach with a 50-50 split between equity and non-equity investments. Karnataka secures the third position with an AUM of Rs 3,64,700 crore, prioritizing equity investments with a significant 65% allocation.

Other noteworthy contenders

Conversely, among the states with lower Mutual Fund AUM, Sikkim emerges with an AUM of Rs 1,800 crore. Despite its modest AUM, Sikkim exhibits a noteworthy 76% allocation towards equity investments, suggesting a risk-tolerant investment approach within the state. Arunachal Pradesh, with an AUM of Rs 1,500 crore, demonstrates a remarkable 86% allocation towards equity, highlighting a high-risk appetite despite its smaller AUM.

Mizoram, with an AUM of Rs 900 crore, maintains a relatively balanced distribution between equity and non-equity investments, reflecting prudent investment strategies amidst lower asset volumes.

In addition to the top and bottom performers, Jammu and Kashmir emerges as a notable contender with an AUM of Rs 7,200 crore. In a remarkable revelation, J&K showcases a strong penchant for equity investments, with a staggering 88% of the total Mutual Fund AUM of the state allocated towards equities, while the remaining 12% is directed towards non-equity investments. This emphasis on equity underscores a strong confidence in the equity market within the region, portraying a dynamic and forward-looking investment landscape.

Top 10 and last 3 states by AUM in January 2024:

Ranking States AUM (in crore) Equity Proportion Non-Equity Proportion
1 Maharashtra 21,70,500 40% 60%
2 New Delhi 4,52,100 50% 50%
3 Karnataka 3,64,700 65% 35%
7 Gujarat 3,60,700 71% 29%
5 West Bengal 2,74,500 69% 31%
8 Uttar Pradesh 2,42,200 80% 20%
6 Tamil Nadu 2,41,200 60% 40%
9 Haryana 1,71,200 57% 43%
10 Rajasthan 96,600 81% 19%
Last Three States
27 Sikkim 1,800 76% 24%
28 Arunachal Pradesh 1,500 86% 14%
29 Mizoram 900 55% 45%

State-wise AUM Jan 2024

State-wise AUM Jan 2024

Source: AMFI Website

Disclaimer: This blog has been written exclusively for educational purposes. The securities mentioned are only examples and not recommendations. The information is based on various secondary sources on the internet and is subject to change. Please consult with a financial expert before making investment decisions.

Grow Wealth, Start SIP Now!

Start Your Mutual Fund Investments Journey Today

Join our 2 Cr+ happy customers

Enjoy Zero Brokerage on Equity Delivery
Enjoy Zero Brokerage on Equity Delivery

Get the link to download the App

Send App Link

Enjoy Zero Brokerage on
Equity Delivery