The Watchlist is one of the most exciting places on the Angel One platform. Here you can add assets of your choice and track their price movements in real time, among other things. Hence, a large part of our focus has been on refining the watchlist with innovative, user-friendly features.
In this context, our latest innovation on the Watchlist has been based on popular demand from our users. It is designed to give you not only a wider range of choices on which indices to track, but also to give you the right data points at the right places so that you can use the index effectively. Let us now look at the details.
What is New?
In the latest version of the Angel One app:
- You can add indices directly on your Watchlist.
- We have recently added the following indices that you can add and track on your watchlist –
- In the coming weeks, we will be increasing the number of such indices that you can add to your watchlist.
- You can easily view the charts and options chains of these indices.
- You will also be receiving calls on the derivatives of these indices from the Angel One advisory via the usual channels e.g. push notifications.
Navigating the New Indices on the Watchlist
The process is actually a very simple one, as our objective was that our users should be able to view indices on the watchlist just as easily as any stock or option.
Therefore, to add new indices on the Watchlist, just follow these simple steps:
- Go to the search bar, either from the Watchlist itself or the Home page.
- Type in the index that you are looking for.
- When the name of the index appears on the list, you can click on the star sign next to it to add it to the Watchlist.
While searching for an index, you may narrow down your search to indices only by choosing the indices option (next to the other options of Cash, F&O, Currency and Commodity).
For example, if you are trying to find the Nifty Financial Services index –
- Click on the Search icon on top of either Home page or Watchlist.
- Type “Nifty” and click on the filter titled “Indices”.
- The search result will automatically display all the available indices related to Nifty. You can refer to the screenshot on the left in Figure 1 for reference.
This will help you avoid sifting through multiple option and future contracts on the index and instead find the index itself. If you want to view further details on an index on the Watchlist, simply click it.
Fig.1: Adding indices to your Watchlist from the search bar (left), viewing indices on the Watchlist (middle) and expanding the Watchlist (right)
Once you have added the indices to your Watchlist, you can start viewing further details of the index:
- Clicking on the index will open a window showing the current day’s movement of the index and the open, high, low, close values.
- As you can see in the figures below, you can easily shuttle between Charts, Option Chain and Order sections through the corresponding tabs at the bottom of each page.
- You may also create alerts on the new indices from the notifications section of the Home page.
This feature is designed to allow you to make informed decisions in derivatives trading based on the latest trends in the charts and option chains.
Fig.2: Nifty 50 chart (left), Nifty 50 option chain (middle) and initial window of Sensex with Create Alert option (right)
You can also add these indices (except India VIX) in the top two cards on the Home page. To do so:
- Open the Angel One Home page and view “Market Today” – you will find two indices along with the change in their value since the previous closing.
- Next, click on the down arrow on the right. You will see the list of available indices. Choose your preferred index by checking the box next to it along with one more index out of the remaining three.
- Click on “SAVE,” and you will see your preferred index added to the card.
The same method can be followed for adding the indices to the main card of the Watchlist as well.
A special feature of the Home page index card is that if you click on the index, you will be able to view each of the constitutent stocks of the index and their daily price movements.
If you like the latest feature updates on the Angel One app, open Demat account with us and start experiencing trading on a whole new level! You can also join the Angel One community and follow our blog for more updates.