GPT Healthcare IPOExplore

Multibagger IPO Grows from Rs. 1.22 Lakhs to Rs. 91 Lakhs within 1 Year

16 January 20234 mins read by Angel One
Featured Image
ShareShare on 1Share on 2Share on 3Share on 4Share on 5

In 2021, it was not only stocks that generated whopping returns for their shareholders. Some IPOs (Initial Public Offerings) too delivered stellar returns for their investors.

The IPO of EKI Energy Services is one such phenomenal issue that got listed in April 2021 on BSE SME Exchange. Keep reading to know more!

Get an Insight into EKI Energy Services’ Share Price

The public offering had commenced at Rs. 140 apiece, around 37% more from the issue price that ranged between Rs. 100 and Rs. 102 per share. The shares closed at Rs. 147 apiece. On Tuesday, 1 March 2022, the share price of EKI Energy stood at Rs. 7,625.20 for each share, which is nearly 7375% more from Rs. 102 per equity share (upper price band of its IPO).

During the previous month, this stock has shed nearly 16% and stayed in a selloff spree. In the previous six months, this multi-bagger stock has hiked to Rs. 7,625 levels from Rs. 1900 levels, establishing around 300% surge during this period. In YTD (year-to-date) time, this BSE SME share price has dropped by around 26%.

However, during the previous 11 months, it has risen to Rs. 7,625 levels from Rs. 140, registering around 4,450% surge since its inception.

What About the Stirring Rise to Rs. 91 Lakhs?

The IPO of EKI Energy Services Ltd. was offered at a range of Rs. 100 and Rs. 102 per equity share. An applicant had to apply in a lot, which consisted of 1200 company shares. Hence, an individual needed to invest around Rs. 1,22,400 for opting for this public issue.

In case an allottee had stayed invested in this splendid IPO over the post-listing tenure, this Rs. 1,22,400 would have surged to nearly Rs. 91.50 lakhs [Rs. 1,22,400 x (Rs. 7625.20÷102)] today.

Know About EKI Energy!

EKI Energy is a major carbon credit and sustainability solutions provider. This company facilitates end-to-end solutions in carbon footprint management and measurement, electrical safety audit and CDM (Clean Development Mechanism), carbon credit training, energy conservation, consulting, training and other sustainability services.

70% of its projects are in India and it serves more than 2,500 corporate consumers, primarily renewable energy entities. The remaining 30% of its projects are spread across 40-45 countries, mostly developing nations.

Parting Words

Globally, EKI Energy Services can now rank under the best 5 carbon credit firms. The present market capitalization of its shares is around Rs. 5,241 crores. The trade volume amounted to 24,150 ─ that is over 20 times its average volume of 20 days.

Go through Angel One blogs to get the latest updates about investments, the stock market and IPOs.

Frequently Asked Questions

1. What was EKI Energy’s revenue in 2019-20?

EKI Energy Services reported a net profit of nearly Rs. 4.4 crores and revenue of Rs. 66 crores in 2019-20.

2. What is the main purpose of EKI Energy’s IPO?

EKI Energy Services launched its IPO with an aim to expand climate management solutions throughout India and abroad.

3. How much was EKI Energy’s revenue in FY 19 and FY 18?

Indore-based EKI Energy’s revenue was Rs. 19 crores in FY 19 and Rs. 6 crores in FY 18.

Disclaimer: This blog is exclusively for educational purposes and does not provide any advice/tips on investment or recommend buying and selling any stock.

Enjoy Zero Brokerage on Equity Delivery
4.4 Cr+DOWNLOADS
Enjoy Zero Brokerage on Equity Delivery

Get the link to download the App

Send App Link

Enjoy Zero Brokerage on
Equity Delivery