FMCG Major HUL (Hindustan Unilever Limited) has published its result for the quarter ending in March 2022. In its official report on 27 April 2022, the company has revealed that its after-tax profit has increased by 8.6%, standing at Rs. 2,327 crore. This figure was Rs. 2,143 crore a year before.
Moreover, HUL’s revenue in this quarter stands at Rs. 13,462 crore, which is up by 11% from the previous quarter.
A Close Look into the Matter
The performance of HUL in this quarter is primarily hampered by two factors, the rising inflation in India and Ukraine and Russia conflict. Resultantly, the performance of the FMCG companies is suffering. Owing to the rising prices of raw materials, transportation costs, and other factors, even big names like Hindustan Unilever Limited had to resort to a price hike to offset their input cost.
However, not all is doom and gloom for its stakeholders; as per the company, its current operating margin stands at 24.6%, which is healthy as ever.
Furthermore, the EBITDA of HUL for this quarter stands at Rs. 3,245 crore, which is 10% higher compared to previous year quarter.
Besides the HUL q4 results, here are highlights of this company’s overall performance throughout the year –
- From April 2021 to March 2022, the profit of Hindustan Unilever has increased by 10.9% from Rs. 7,954 to Rs. 8,818.
- In this same period, the overall revenue of the company has also increased by 11.3% from Rs. 45,996 in FY2021 to Rs. 51,193 in FY2022.
Here is a table reflecting the Hindustan Unilever Ltd earnings –
|Financials||Q3 of FY2022||Q4 of FY2022|
|Total Income||Rs. 13,092 crore||Rs. 13,462 crore|
|Net Profit||Rs. 2,243 crore||Rs. 2,327 crore|
|EPS||Rs. 9.55||Rs. 9.90|
With Hindustan Unilever Ltd Q4 results and other financial details out of the way, let’s take a look at the category-wise movement.
Hindustan Unilever Ltd Results In Every Segment
Here are the details –
- In this past financial year, the homecare segment has increased by 24%, with a hefty contribution from home care products and fabric wash.
- Whereas, the food and refreshment segment of HUL has grown by 5%, driven largely by ice cream, beverages, and foods.
- Lastly, beauty and personal care products have recorded a 4% growth.
Depending on Hindustan Unilever earnings for this quarter and overall, the company has decided to extend a final dividend of Rs. 19 per share. It announced an interim dividend of Rs. 15 per share on 12 November 2021. Thus, the total dividing for the entire financial year stood at Rs. 34 per share.
Hindustan Unilever Limited is hopeful of a notable quarter to start FY 2023. The company has been a key driver of India’s FMCG market with constant innovation. Since India’s consumer product market is only going to grow in the coming years, HUL can hope to be in a position of strength to lead this market further.
So, if you are planning to invest in the shares of this company, go through its financials properly and do your research before moving ahead.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the Hindustan Unilever Ltd. Share Price on 27 April 2022?
The closing price of HUL stock on 27 April 2022 was Rs. 2140.5 on the NSE.
2. What is the current face value of HUL shares?
The face value of HUL shares is Rs. 1 per share.
3. What was the EPS of HUL in March 2021?
The EPS of HUL in March 2021 was Rs. 9.12 per share.