SmartAPI by Angel One is an all-new solution to create your very own rule based trading routines and bring feature-rich trading platforms to life. SmartAPI is made not just for developers and tech companies but retail investors too. That is exactly why the SmartAPI interface is intuitive and so easy to navigate!
Getting started with SmartAPI is as simple as signing up for a new email account. Follow these steps to sign up for SmartAPI:
- Log on to our website
- Click on the Sign up option on the top-right corner
- Fill in the form: your name, e-mail, password, and your Angel One Client ID (Angel One ID is optional, and you do not need the same in order to get started with SmartAPI)
- Next, read the terms and conditions hyperlinked above the sign up button.
- Lastly, check the box to agree with the terms and conditions and sign up for SmartAPI.
And that’s it – you are ready to create your first API with SmartAPI.
Creating an app with SmartAPI
Here are the four types of APIs that you can set up, using Angel One’s SmartAPI:
Market Feed API
This type of API lets you stream real time market data like stock prices and critical parameters like trade volume, previous day’s open and close, EPS, etc.
This type of API helps you execute trades, manage user portfolios, stream market data, etc.
If you are using an application or a webservice, you can add trade execution-related functionalities to your buttons and interactive elements using the publisher API.
Historical data API
As the name suggests, this API helps you access historical market data in your application environment.
Creating an app with SmartAPI is a very simple process. Follow the steps below in order to set up your very first API:
- Log in to your account on our website.
- Move your cursor to the My Profile section and click on the Create an app option.
- This will take you to a form, where you can select the type of API you want to set up.
- Once you have selected the type, you can simply give a name to your API, and enter the redirect and postback URL.
- After entering the details, click the Create App button.
This will take you to the dashboard, where you can see all your APIs, along with their statuses, API keys and secret keys. You can edit your APIs within the dashboard too, by simply clicking the edit [🖉] icon against the app that you want to edit.
Venturing into the space of rule based trading, you might face some issues and difficulties on the way. Maybe you will want to brainstorm ideas with others who have tried out similar stuff, like setting up your own rule based trading routine through your system.
SmartAPI takes the open-sourced innovation to the next level by providing you with a lively forum to voice your issues and concerns amidst a community of innovators who are working on the next big thing alongside you. The SmartAPI forum can be accessed by anyone – however, to post your questions, you have to sign up and verify your email first. After that, you can simply post your questions, report bugs, and talk to developers on the threads meant for your SDK, or explore what others are discussing through common tags.
When you work with SmartAPI, we are always there to help you out. Start using SmartAPI today, by signing up for free here.
‘Investments in securities market are subject to market risks, read all the related documents carefully before investing.’