Fundamentals of Zomato
|P/E Ratio (TTM)||NA|
|Debt to Equity||0.03|
Financials of Zomato
|Dec 2022||Mar 2023||Jun 2023||Sep 2023|
|Profit before tax||-363.7||-204||-15||21|
|EPS in Rs||-0.42||-0.23||0||0.04|
History of Zomato
Zomato is a restaurant aggregator and food delivery service provider launched in 2010. The company offers a technology platform that connects restaurants, customers and delivery partners, serving various needs.
Zomato’s journey began when it was initially established as DC Foodiebay Online Services Private Limited. Over the years, the company underwent several name changes to become Zomato Media Private Limited and later transitioned into Zomato Private Limited.
The company released its IPO in July 2021 and is listed on both BSE and NSE. As of the first quarter of FY 2024, Zomato has about 17.5 million average monthly transacting customers. As of March 2023, there were 1.8 million active members for Zomato Gold.
The company won the Startup of the Year award from The Economic Times Startup of the Year 2021.
Business Segments of Zomato
There are 3 business verticals of Zomato, which include:
- Delivery and dine-out: Customers can use Zomato to explore restaurants, share reviews, order food for delivery, reserve tables, and pay through the app while dining out at restaurants.
- Restaurant partnering: They provide restaurants with specialised marketing tools to help them attract and connect with customers, thereby expanding their businesses.
- Hyperpure: This one-stop procurement solution supplies restaurants with high-quality ingredients and kitchen items. It is available in 8 cities in India.
Blinkit is a subsidiary of Zomato. It is a quick commerce platform where customers can buy various products and get them delivered in minutes. Blinkit has about 3.9 million average monthly transacting customers.
Key Personalities of Zomato
Deepinder Goyal, Founder, Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer
Deepinder Goyal is the founder of Zomato. Before founding the company, he worked at Bain and Company. He is an integrated master’s degree holder in mathematics and studied computing at the Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi.
Kaushik Dutta, Chairman and Independent Director
Kaushik Dutta is a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India. He has over 25 years of experience and was associated with s Price Waterhouse & Co. (PWC), Chartered Accountants LLP, and Lovelock & Lewes, Chartered Accountants as a Partner. He is a co-founder of the Thought Arbitrage Research Institute.
Corporate Actions of Zomato
There are no records of stock splits or bonus shares from Zomato.
SWOT Analysis of Zomato
- The company is one of India’s two leading food delivery service providers.
- The company uses AI-based technology to send personalised recommendations to customers.
- As of FY 2023, the company has 2,10,000 active restaurant partners on the platform and is well-connected with them on a regular basis.
- The company is highly dependent on discounts to retain customers.
- The margins of the company have been low due to various factors such as delivery costs. The company became profitable only in 2023.
- Has a high scope to expand in other countries.
- There can be several new players in the market, and the company can acquire them to continue to enjoy the duopoly.
- Diversify their products or services to other segments of the market.
- The health and safety of delivery partners may result in business disruption.
- Cyber security incidents can be a threat to the safety of the private information of the customers on the platform.
|Stocks||Market Cap (cr)||Market Price (₹)||52 Week Low-High (₹)|
|Info Edge (India) Ltd||₹58,845.19||
|4541.35 - 4668.75|
|FSN E-Commerce Ventures Ltd||₹48,368.08||
|168 - 174.2|
|One 97 Communications Ltd||₹56,399.09||
|864 - 893.95|
|MOS Utility Ltd||₹229.41||
|92.55 - 95|
|145 - 152|
What is the Share price of Zomato (ZOMATO)?
Can I buy Zomato (ZOMATO) shares?
How do I buy Zomato (ZOMATO) from Angel One?
- Direct investment: You can buy Zomato (ZOMATO) shares by opening a Demat account with Angel One.
- Indirect investment: The indirect method involves investing through ETFs and Mutual Funds that offer exposure to Zomato (ZOMATO) shares.
What are the Subsidiaries that comes under Zomato?
The subsidiaries that come under Zomato are Blinkit, Feeding India, Carthero Technologies Private Limited, Zomato Base, and TongueStun Food Network Pvt. Ltd.
What is the main business of Zomato?
The main business of Zomato is food delivery. It also suggests local and nearby restaurants to customers to receive orders from them. Zomato is operational in over 24 countries.
What is the total Asset of Zomato?
The total asset of Zomato is Rs. 17,501 Crores.
What is the promoter holding of Zomato?
Zomato has no promoter holding.