Fundamentals of Trident
|P/E Ratio (TTM)||40.7|
|Debt to Equity||0.4|
Financials of Trident
|Dec 2022||Mar 2023||Jun 2023||Sep 2023|
|Profit before tax||185.7||172.88||121.91||130.44|
|EPS in Rs||0.29||0.26||0.19||0.18|
Trident Limited, a significant player in the global textile industry, is based in Ludhiana, Punjab. Incorporated on April 18, 1990, as Abhishek Industries Limited, the company changed its name to Trident Limited on April 18, 2011. The company is a part of the Trident Group, which is worth USD 3 billion as of June 28, 2022. Trident Ltd manufactures various products like yarn, towels, sheets, paper, chemicals, and captive energy. The company boasts cutting-edge manufacturing facilities in Barnala, Punjab, and Budni, Madhya Pradesh.
In 1992, the company achieved a significant milestone of securing funding for its Yarn plant in Sanghera, Punjab, through a successful public IPO. This facility produces both cotton and acrylic yarn, used extensively in textiles and fabrics.
Trident Limited further expanded its operations over the years, gaining recognition as a government-recognised trading house in 1999 and making significant investments in Textiles, Pulp and paper, and Chemical Recovery and co-generation projects. In 2014, it merged with Trident Corporation Limited, a self-owned entity and acquired the world’s largest integrated terry towel unit in Budni, Madhya Pradesh.
Trident Limited is a diversified textile fabric manufacturer that operates through various segments:
- Textile: The company’s textile segment includes yarn, towels, bed sheets, and dyed yarn manufacturing. The textile segment is further divided into yarn, bed and bath divisions.
- Chemicals: The company produces Sulphuric Acid, which is used in various industries such as detergent manufacturing, iron steel units, textile factories, pharmaceuticals, paper industry, dyes and chemicals, alum, detergent slurry, and ETP.
- Paper: Trident produces and supplies paper products for office and stationery needs under the brand name of “My Choice”. They aim to replace traditional wood-based paper with a more sustainable alternative that benefits both health and the environment.
- Energy: The energy division of the company generates power using renewable energy sources like biomass, black liquor, and coal.
- FMCG: Briefly, in 2021, Trident also ventured into the FMCG industry with its detergent powder named “Tri-Safe”.
The company caters to all segments of the market, including brands, department stores, home speciality chains, mass merchants, and institutional customers.
As of March 31, 2022, the company boasts a robust customer base spanning 150 countries worldwide. Within its corporate structure, two subsidiaries play pivotal roles: Trident Global Corp Limited, an Indian wholly-owned subsidiary, and Trident Europe Limited, an overseas wholly-owned subsidiary.
Trident Global Corp Limited primarily operates as the company’s retail arm, serving as its prominent presence in domestic markets. It serves as the flagship representation of the company within India and plays a key role in its domestic operations.
- Rajinder Gupta, Founder
Rajinder Gupta is the founder of Trident Limited, the flagship company of the $3 billion enterprise Trident Group. Gupta began his career in 1985 when he bought his way into the business of manufacturing auto parts. He is a first-generation entrepreneur who started with a meagre income of ₹30 per day. Today, Trident Ltd. exports to more than 150 countries, accounting for two-thirds of overall revenue.
- Deepak Nanda, Managing Director
The Managing Director of Trident Limited is Mr Deepak Nanda. He has served as a Member of the Management Board since April 22, 2023. Mr Nanda has been Managing Director of Trident Info since 2017.
- On December 16, 2013, the company divided the face value of its shares from ₹10 per share to ₹1 per share.
- As of March 2023, the company’s net worth is ₹4,193 crore, and its debt is ₹1,460 crore. The debt-to-equity ratio is 0.34, and the company has a CARE AA-/Stable LT Credit Rating and a CRISIL AA-/Stable LT Credit Rating.
- The company’s revenue for FY 2023 was ₹6,332 crore, up 39.8% compared to ₹4,531 crore reported in FY 2021.
- The company’s net worth for FY 2023 increased to ₹4,125.8 crore from ₹3,797.2 crore, an 8.65% increase from FY 2022, mainly due to higher profitability.
- Finance cost in FY 2023 reduced by 9.8% to ₹77.4 crore.
|Stocks||Market Cap (cr)||Market Price (₹)||52 Week Low-High (₹)|
|Shri Dinesh Mills Ltd||₹276.70||
|195 - 195|
|Lovable Lingerie Ltd||₹225.55||
|153.75 - 158.4|
|1723 - 1767|
|Gem Spinners India Ltd||₹37.20||
|3.25 - 3.5|
|Ambika Cotton Mills Ltd||₹958.79||
|1664.05 - 1785|
What is the Share price of Trident (TRIDENT)?
Can I buy Trident (TRIDENT) shares?
How do I buy Trident (TRIDENT) from Angel One?
- Direct investment: You can buy Trident (TRIDENT) shares by opening a Demat account with Angel One.
- Indirect investment: The indirect method involves investing through ETFs and Mutual Funds that offer exposure to Trident (TRIDENT) shares.
Who are the promoters of Trident?
Some of the key promoters of Trident include Trident Group Limited, Madhuraj Foundation, Rajinder Gupta, and Lotus Global Foundation.
What are the Subsidiaries that comes under Trident?
The wholly owned subsidiaries that come under Trident are Trident Global Corp Limited, which is an Indian subsidiary, and Trident Europe Limited, which is a foreign subsidiary.
What is the total Asset of Trident?
The total asset of Trident is Rs. 6,489 crores.
What is the main business of Trident?
The main business of Trident, a US $3 billion Indian conglomerate, is a leading manufacturer and exporter of home textiles, including yarns, bed and bath linens, paper, chemicals, and captive electricity. It is also the world’s largest producer of wheat straw-based paper.