After the turbulent fiscal of 2020-2021, businesses across India had suffered due to the Covid-19 pandemic. But, FY2022 brought new hopes. However, the second wave of this virus has ravaged the country and halted the progress of the Indian economy.
Owing to this economic downturn, several companies had halted their plans to go public since market sentiments were difficult to gauge. Nonetheless, as the effects of the second wave fade away and the Indian stock market shows steady progress, companies are now lining up with their IPOs.
Read on to know more about the companies planning to go public this month.
Companies That Are Launching IPO in August 2021
Here is a list of companies that are planning to launch their IPO this month. A point to note here is that some of them have already announced their IPO dates, and others are tentative.
Devyani International Ltd.
The biggest franchise of Yum Brands in Southern India, Devyani International, is going public on 4 August 2021. The company has brands like Pizza Hut, KFC, and Costa Coffee in its portfolio. They also have QSR brands like Vaango and Food Street. Here are further details –
- The IPO issue size is Rs. 1838 crores, of which freshly issued shares are worth Rs. 440 crores and OFS of Rs. 1398 crores.
- IPO opening and closing dates are 4 August and 6 August, and the listing date is 16 August 2021.
- The proceeds from this IPO will be used to meet general corporate purposes and pay debts.
- Motilal Oswal Investment Advisors, CLSA India Pvt Ltd, Kotak Mahindra Capital Company Ltd, and Edelweiss Financial Services Ltd are the merchant bankers to Devyani International IPO.
- Link Intime India is the register of Devyani International IPO.
Windlas Biotech Pvt Ltd.
Following Devyani International to the Dalal Street on 4 August 2021 is Windlas Biotech Pvt Ltd. The company is one of the leaders in developing Pharmaceutical Formulations Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisations (CSMO) in India. Here are further details –
- The total issue size of Windlas Biotech IPO is Rs. 401.54 crores, including new shares of Rs. 165 crores, and an offer for sale of Rs. 236.54 crores.
- Opening and close dates for Windlas Biotech IPO are 4 and 6 August, respectively, and the listing date is 17 August 2021.
- The price band of this IPO is between Rs. 448 and 460 per share, and the face value is Rs. 5 per share.
- Funds gathered from this public offering will be used to expand their production facility, strengthen working capital, and repay the company’s current debt.
- IIFL Securities, DAM Capital Advisors, and SBI Capital Markets are the lead managers to this initial public offering.
- Link Intime India is the registrar appointed to manage this public offering.
The Pune-based diagnostics chain has operations spanning 14 states. The diagnostics chain specialises in teleradiology, pathology, and radiology. It has recently received a nod from market regulator SEBI to go public. They have plans to go public on 4 August 2021. Here are other details of this public offering –
- The issue size of this initial public offering will be Rs. 1213.33 crores, comprising a fresh issue of Rs. 400 crores and an offer for sale of Rs. 813.33 crores.
- The IPO price band here is Rs. 933 to Rs. 954 per share, and the face value of shares is Rs. 5 per share.
- The closing date for this IPO is 6 August 2021, and the closing date is 17 August 2021.
- This public issue will include a reservation of Rs. 20 crores for employees at a discount of Rs. 93 per share on the final issue price.
- Equirus Capital, IIFL Securities, DAM Capital, and JM Financial are the lead managers to this IPO.
Exxaro Tiles is one of the leading vitrified tiles and flooring solution providers in India. The company has a pan-India presence with more than 2000 dealers, according to their DRHP. Here are the IPO details –
- The total issue size of this public offering is worth Rs. 161.09 crores, of which Rs. 134.23 is a fresh issue and an OFS of Rs. 26.86 crores.
- It has a price band of Rs. 118 to Rs. 120 per share and a face value of Rs. 10 per share.
- The opening and closing dates of this initial public offering are 4 August and 6 August, respectively. The listing date is 17 August 2021.
- Pantomath Capital Advisors Private Limited is the lead manager to this IPO, and Link Intime India Private Limited is the registrar.
Did you know?
This is the first IPO from the ceramic industry in a decade.
5th largest cement manufacturer of India, Nuvoco Vistas, is a part of the Nirma Group. The company is planning to join Dalal Street with an IPO of Rs. 5000 crores. With the help of this IPO, Nuvoco is planning to meet working capital needs and fulfil general corporate expenses. Here are the other details –
- This IPO will have a new issue of shares worth Rs. 1500 crores and OFS of Rs. 3500 crores.
- It will have a face value of Rs. 10 per share, but the details regarding its price band are not available yet.
- SBI Capital Markets Limited, J.P. Morgan India, HSBC Securities and Capital Markets India, Axis Capital, and ICICI Securities are the lead managers to this IPO.
- Link Intime India is the registrar of this public offering.
One of India’s leading multichannel car retailing platforms, CarTrade, is going public on 9 August 2021. Here are the other pieces of information –
- This IPO is expected to be worth Rs. 2000 crores.
- It will include a total of 1,85,32,216 OFS shares.
- The face value of CarTrade share is Rs. 10 apiece.
- The opening date of this IPO is 9 August, and it will close on 11 August 2021.
- Nomura Financial Advisory and Securities, Kotak Mahindra Capital, Citigroup Global Markets India, and Axis Capital are the lead managers to this IPO.
Aptus Value Housing Finance India Ltd
The Chennai-based housing finance company operates primarily in the affordable home loan segment. Their operations are focused mainly on rural and semi-urban markets. The company is now gearing up to launch an IPO on 9 August 2021. Here are the details –
- The estimated issue size of this public offering is likely to be around Rs. 2600 to Rs. 3000 crores.
- It will include fresh issue shares of Rs. 500 crores and an OFS of 64 million shares.
- The proceeds from this IPO will help the lender strengthen its capital base.
- Kotak Mahindra Capital, Edelweiss Financial, Citigroup Global Markets India, and ICICI Securities are the lead managers to this IPO.
- KFin Technologies Private Limited is the registrar appointed to manage this public offering.
Arohan Financial Services
Arohan Financial Services primarily operates in the low-income areas of this country to extend necessary financial services. Here are its IPO details –
- The total IPO size of Arohan Financial Services will be Rs. 1750 to Rs. 1800 crores.
- It is commencing on 16 August 2021, but other dates are not available yet.
- This public issue will contain new shares of Rs. 850 crores and an offer for sale of 27,055,893 shares.
- According to their DRHP, they have plans of a pre-IPO placement of Rs. 150 crores.
- SBI Capital Markets, Nomura Financial Advisory and Securities, ICICI Securities, and Edelweiss Financials are the lead managers to this public offering.
- Link Intime India is the registrar of this IPO.
Apart from these IPOs mentioned above, many other companies have plans to go public this month. Here is a list of such prospective IPOs –
- Star Health and Allied Insurance Co. Ltd.
- Utkarsh Small Finance Bank
- Fincare Small Finance Bank
- ESAF Small Finance Bank Ltd
- Shriram Properties
- Studds Accessories Limited
Looking at the number of companies planning to go public in August 2021, it is not an exaggeration to compare it to a festival. However, investors should perform due diligence before investing.
For all the updated IPO news, Angel One Blog is your ideal space; stay subscribed.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How to find an application form for upcoming IPOs?
Application forms for upcoming IPOs are available on the website of your broker and BSE or NSE. You can also download it physically from your broker’s website and submit it with the needed documents.
- How to check the subscription dates of upcoming IPOs?
You can visit our website or app for information related to IPOs launching in August 2021.
- Is the Nykaa IPO launching in August 2021?
Nykaa has filed papers for an IPO of Rs. 4000 crores with SEBI on 2 August 2021. However, it’s unclear whether Nykaa will launch its IPO this month or not.