Investing in the stock market can be a great way to grow your wealth, but it can also be intimidating and overwhelming, especially for beginners. One of the key considerations when investing in stocks is the price of the stock, as it determines the initial investment required to purchase a share.
In India, there are many high-quality companies with stocks that are priced under Rs. 1000, making them affordable for many investors. These companies may have strong fundamentals, a history of consistent growth, and the potential for future appreciation. In this blog, we will explore some of the top stocks under Rs.1000, and discuss their financial performance through the years.
List of Top 5 Best Stocks Under 1000 in 2023
|Name||Current Price (Rs.)||Market Cap (Rs. in Cr.)||3Yr CAGR (%)||5Yr CAGR (%)|
|Jindal Steel & Power Ltd||568.85||59629.25||555.11||126.15|
|DCM Shriram Ltd||805.45||12466.81||179.78||82.02|
|Deepak Fertilisers & Petrochemicals Corp Ltd||594.10||7566.06||601.19||56.34|
|Gujarat Narmada Valley Fertilisers & Chemicals Ltd||527.55||8263.68||277.59||17.91|
|Gujarat Alkalies & Chemicals Ltd||629.75||4614.97||96.17||16.85|
Data as on 21st April 2023, based on 5Yr CAGR
Under 1000 Rs. Share List: Overview
- Jindal Steel & Power Ltd
Jindal Steel & Power Ltd (JSPL) is one of the leading steel producers in India, with a strong presence in the steel, power, mining, and infrastructure sectors. The company has a diversified portfolio of products, including steel plates, coils, angles, beams, and rails, and it operates in more than 25 countries across the world.
With a market capitalisation of Rs. 59629.25 crore, the company’s debt-to-equity ratio is 0.38. The current share price is Rs. 568.85. PE and PB ratios are 20.43 and 1.67 respectively.
- DCM Shriram Ltd
DCM Shriram is a company engaged in the manufacturing of various products such as fertilisers, chlorovinyl, cement, and chlor-alkali. The company has manufacturing facilities located in Kota, Rajasthan, where it produces fertilisers, chlorovinyl, and cement. In Bharuch, Gujarat, the company has a facility for the production of chlor-alkali.
With a market capitalisation of Rs. 12466.81 crore, the company’s debt-to-equity ratio is 0.27. The current share price is Rs. 805.45. PB and PE ratios are 2.24 and 11.08 respectively.
- Deepak Fertilisers & Petrochemicals Corp Ltd
Deepak Fertilisers and Petrochemicals Corporation Ltd. (DFPCL) is a leading producer of chemicals in India. The company has a diversified product portfolio that includes Technical Ammonium Nitrate (TAN), Nitric Acid, Methanol, Industrial Chemicals like Sodium Nitrate, Sodium Nitrite, and Sodium Nitrate Solution, and Crop Nutrition products like NPK Fertilisers, Water Soluble Fertilisers, Organic Fertilisers, and Specialty Fertilisers.
With a market capitalisation of Rs. 7566.06 crore, the company’s debt-to-equity ratio is 0.69. The current share price is Rs.594.10. PB and PE ratios are 1.86 and 4.46 respectively.
- Gujarat Narmada Valley Fertilisers & Chemicals Ltd
The company is primarily involved in producing fertilisers, chemicals, and petrochemicals. It has also diversified into other areas such as information technology, textiles, and energy. GNFC is considered to be one of the leading companies in the Indian fertiliser industry.
With a market capitalisation of Rs. 8263.68 crore, the company’s debt-to-equity ratio is 0.00. The current share price is Rs. 527.55. PE and PB ratios are 4.64 and 1.03 respectively.
- Gujarat Alkalies & Chemicals Ltd
Gujarat Alkalies and Chemicals Ltd (GACL) is a well-known chemical manufacturing company based in India. The company produces a range of chemicals and is one of the leading manufacturers of Caustic Soda Lye. Caustic Soda Lye, also known as sodium hydroxide, is a highly versatile chemical that is used in various industries, including pulp and paper, textiles, soap and detergents, and many more.
With a market capitalisation of Rs. 4614.97 crore, the company’s debt-to-equity ratio is 0.10. The current share price is Rs.629.75. PB and PE ratios are 0.78 and 8.25 respectively.
Factors To Consider Before Investing In Stocks Under Rs. 1000
Investing in stocks can be a good way to build wealth over time, but it is important to consider certain factors before investing in the best stocks under Rs.1000. Here are some factors to consider:
- Company fundamentals: Before investing in a stock, it is important to research the company’s fundamentals, such as revenue, profit margins, debt levels, and growth prospects. Look for companies that have a strong financial position and a history of steady growth.
- Industry trends: Consider the industry the company operates in and its potential for growth. Look for industries that are growing and have a promising future.
- Valuation: Evaluate the stock’s valuation relative to its peers and the overall market. A company with a low valuation may be undervalued, while a high valuation may be overvalued.
- Risk tolerance: Consider your risk tolerance before investing in stocks under Rs.1000. Lower-priced stocks can be more volatile and risky, so make sure you are comfortable with the level of risk.
- Diversification: Diversification is key to minimising risk in your investment portfolio. Invest in a mix of stocks across different sectors and industries to spread your risk.
- Investment horizon: Consider your investment horizon or the amount of time you plan to hold the stock. If you have a longer investment horizon, you may be able to tolerate more volatility in the short term.
- Brokerage fees: Keep in mind the brokerage fees and other costs associated with buying and selling stocks. Make sure the potential returns justify the costs.
Remember that investing in stocks involves risks and it is important to do your research and consult with a financial advisor before making any investment decisions.
Investing in the best share under 1000 can be a viable option for investors who are just starting out or who have a limited budget. However, it’s important to remember that investing always involves some level of risk and it’s crucial to do your research and analysis before making any investment decisions. And if you are considering investing in these stocks then open a Demat account right away with Angel One for free and start investing.
Disclaimer: This blog has been written exclusively for educational purposes. The securities mentioned are only examples and not recommendations.