Modules for Personal Finance
Introduction to cryptocurrencies
Translate the power of knowledge into action. Open Free* Demat Account
How to create a cryptocurrency
Cryptocurrencies primarily work on blockchain technology. This technology is open source, which means that the rights to use the technology are not with any private entity or entities. This allows almost anyone who wishes to use the technology to freely do so, without any legal repercussions or financial obligations.
Going by this, you may wonder whether you, as an individual, can use blockchain technology to create your own cryptocurrency. Well, the answer is yes. You can very well create your own cryptocurrency like Bitcoin or Ethereum from scratch.
But then, how to make your own cryptocurrency? That’s exactly what we’re going to be taking a look at in this chapter. Let’s dive in.
How to create a cryptocurrency?
Fortunately, there are as many as four different ways through which you can create your very own cryptocurrency. Here’s a quick overview of each of the options available to you.
By creating your very own blockchain and cryptocurrency
This is one of the most extensive and time-consuming ways to create a cryptocurrency. Also, pursuing this method requires you to possess a high-level of technical knowledge with respect to coding. However, creating a cryptocurrency by coming up with your very own blockchain is almost always heavily rewarding.
Not only does it make the entire process of creating a cryptocurrency worth it in terms of monetary benefits, but it also gives you an exceptional amount of freedom as well. By creating your own blockchain, you can create native cryptocurrency coins. Coins that are not dependent on other existing blockchains. Native coins are not only superior, but also tend to be embraced by cryptocurrency enthusiasts in a much better manner.
By modifying an existing blockchain
Another way of creating a cryptocurrency is by modifying the code of an existing blockchain. Now, although this still requires quite a bit of technical coding knowledge, it is far easier than the first option.
Since blockchain is open-source, you can simply use the code of an existing blockchain like that of Bitcoin’s, modify it according to your preferences, and start minting your own crypto coins.
Here’s a tip that you can use. You can find the codes for most of the popular blockchains on GitHub platform. Once you’re done modifying the code of a blockchain, you will have to enlist the services of a blockchain auditor before you can start minting cryptocurrencies.
By using an existing blockchain
If you’re an individual who is not an expert on coding, but possess little technical knowledge, then the first two options may seem quite daunting for you. Then in that case, how do you make a crypto coin? Thankfully, there’s another option.
If the above-mentioned ways seem too technical for you, then you can use an existing blockchain, without modifying it or altering the code, to make a new cryptocurrency. There are platforms like Ethereum that allow individuals to host their own cryptocurrency on the Ethereum blockchain.
However, since the cryptocurrency would be hosted on an existing blockchain, it would be termed as a token and not a coin. A token is a virtual currency that’s not native to the blockchain on which it is hosted.
Here are a few things that you should keep in mind when using an existing blockchain to create a new cryptocurrency token.
- Firstly, choose the right blockchain platform on which you would like to create your token. Ethereum and Binance Smart Chain are two of the most popular platforms.
- The process of creating a token is dependent on the customization that you wish to place on the token. However, if you don’t wish to customize your token, you can simply make use of free online tools such as WalletBuilders to create your token.
- Once you’ve created your token, you might have to enlist the services of a blockchain auditor before issuing your tokens.
By availing the services of a blockchain developer
And finally, if neither of the above-mentioned ways seem very attractive to you or if you lack the technical knowledge to create a crypto coin on your own, then this method may help. There are plenty of developers working on blockchains who are open to creating a new cryptocurrency for a small fee.
You can engage such developers, give them your requirements, and have them create one for you. However, the costs involved with such a process usually tends to be quite high. So, that’s something that you would have to keep in mind. Also, this method works best for entities and companies wanting to create their own cryptocurrencies rather than individuals.
Now that you know how to create a cryptocurrency, you can use any one of the above four methods. However, keep in mind that creating your own cryptocurrency may require a lot of time, money, and other resources. Creating a new cryptocurrency is the easy part. What’s more challenging are the maintenance and growth aspects.
A quick recap
- Cryptocurrencies primarily work on blockchain technology, which is open source.
- Since blockchain is open source, any individual can use the technology to create their own cryptocurrency.
- There are four different ways through which you can create your very own cryptocurrency - by creating your very own blockchain and cryptocurrency, by modifying an existing blockchain, by using an existing blockchain, or by availing the services of a blockchain developer.
- Creating your very own blockchain and cryptocurrency is an extensive and time-consuming process and requires you to possess a high-level of technical knowledge.
- Another way of creating a cryptocurrency is by modifying the code of an existing blockchain. The codes for most of the popular blockchains are freely available on GitHub platform.
- Alternatively, you can also use an existing blockchain, without modifying it or altering the code, to make a new cryptocurrency.
- There are platforms like Ethereum that allow individuals to host their own cryptocurrency on the Ethereum blockchain.
- And finally, you can engage a blockchain developer to help you create your very own cryptocurrency for a small fee.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How much does it cost to create a new cryptocurrency?
The cost is dependent on the method that you use to create a new cryptocurrency. For instance, creating your very own blockchain and cryptocurrency is the most expensive, whereas using existing blockchain platforms to host your token are often free.
How can I make my own cryptocurrency for free?
You can use existing blockchain platforms such as Ethereum and Binance Smart Chain to host your own cryptocurrency token for free.
Is it profitable to start a cryptocurrency?
The profitability factor depends on the amount of demand your cryptocurrency generates. The higher the demand for your currency, the more profits that you get to enjoy.
How would you rate this chapter?
Comments (0)Add Comment